You may remember the movie The Bucket List starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman from a few years ago. While it wasn’t my favorite movie, it did spark a trend: creating a list of things to do before you die. Having such a list is supposed to make you more aware of what really matters in life. Any item on the list can be as big or small as you like. It just needs to be something that you’ve always wanted to do and haven’t done yet.
I already know that writing is of paramount importance to me, so I thought: why not make a bucket list specifically for my writing goals? Without further adieu, here it is!
My Writing Bucket List
- Become a published author (completed March 2014- Check it out here).
- Write and publish my first novel (coming December 2014, yay!).
- Write and publish a novel that sparks social reform and inspires conscious awareness.
- Write and publish a novel based on the relationship between sisters and dedicate it to my sisters.
- Write and publish a solo book of poetry and short stories.
- Write and produce a stage play (kinda did this one already, but I was 13. I’d like to give it a shot as an adult).
- Become an Amazon top 100 seller in my genre.
- Either publish an article or be featured in Essence magazine.
- Visit New York city, specifically Harlem (I consider New york the mecca of modern-day publishing, and Harlem because I’m nostalgic about the Harlem Renaissance, so that’s why it’s on my writing bucket list).
- Attend a writer’s conference.
- Attend a blogging conference.
- Co-write a book with another author.
- Mentor/Teach/Assist new authors once I’m an established author myself.
- Plan and go on a nation wide book tour.
- Attend a writer’s conference/event overseas.
There it is folks! I’m sure it will evolve. I’ll add more items to the list as I grow and learn more as a writer. I hope you choose to make your own Writer’s Bucket List. If you do, share it in the comments below. If you have a blog, feel free to leave a link to your bucket list post below as well.
Happy Writing Y’all!