Yep, it’s about that time of year again. New Year’s resolutions are brewing. I wish that I could say that I’m above the lofty ambitions of the masses, but I’m not. I make New Year’s resolutions every year, and every year I default on most of them. Namely, to lose weight and exercise more. So I’m not going to go down that road again. I’m lying. I’m going to keep going down that road until I get somewhere. But I digress. I made a resolution last year regarding my writing and guess what? I did it! I committed to getting my work published this year and the proofs are going to the typesetter within the week. Of course, you’ll be the first to know when the book is out! So, for some reason, I can keep my writing resolutions. Which is why I’ve decided to go at it again.
My 3 Writing Goals for 2014:
- Publish my full length novel
- Write the sequel to my full length novel
- Perform my poetry in front of a crowd
That’s it. Those are my three New Years Resolutions as they pertain to writing.
What are your writing goals for 2014?
- 5 Mind Tricks to Help Keep Your Resolutions (psychologytoday.com)
- What’s Your New Year’s Resolution? (pratthomes.com)
- New Years Resolutions (aphexlimbo.wordpress.com)