Sarah Kay and her poetic partner Phil Kaye offer a new spin on spoken word poetry. They are story tellers, forsaking traditional rhyme and clever word plays for mellifluous performances that put one in the mind of peeking into a friend’s journal. Artistic creativity is as individual as the timbre of your voice. No one can create quite like you, so don’t let anyone box you in and tell you it must be executed a particular way. Your art is just that: your art. Hope this inspires you!
Who are some of your favorite spoken word artists?
- Spoken-Word Poets Bring Words to Life for Students (edweek.org)
- Repetition – Phil Kaye (lovetasteslikemcdonaldsstrawberrysmoothie.wordpress.com)
- Women Crush Wednesday: Sarah Kay (madebyfrankierose.wordpress.com)
- When love arrives (sanelle.wordpress.com)
- Ehalakasa Fest Briefs (poetsaloud.wordpress.com)
- Spoken Word (designedforthought.wordpress.com)